Who are we?
Why do we collect your information?
In order to fulfill its purpose and deliver value to its members, IMG collects and processes certain information from its members, partners, business contacts, collaborators, event delegates and other stakeholders in the field of activity of IMG. We collect this information for contractual reasons (i.e. of members and suppliers), or to fulfill our legitimate interest as an association.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect data from you during the following interactions:
- Information acquired/provided through our website or websites of our member organizations (if applicable), the IMG Emergency Contacts App, or data processors. This may include information provided at the time of registering for events, subscribing to services such as newsletters, participating in discussion boards, posting material, downloading and interacting with IMG apps or requesting further information. We may also collect information that is available from your browser, or collect information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem.
- We make use of Google Analytics and respective cookies to automatically track site visitor traffic through non-personally identifying information that the browser and the Internet Service Provider (ISP) used makes available. You may visit the Google Analytics Terms of Service Directory for more information at: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
- Information acquired/provided through correspondence. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your contact data.
- Information acquired/provided when entering into a formal or informal contractual relationship with us – e.g. by becoming a member, joining an event, project or working group, or by offering or providing services to us or our members.
This data may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, contact telephone number, email address
- Browsing information, such as IP address, session time
- In case of contracts and purchases: payment information, such as bank account details or credit card information
- In case of content collaborations or member profiles: identification data, such as photographs or biographies
- We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, payment processing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process non-personal and personal information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Our site is operated and hosted in the United States. Information that you provide to us and the data that we collect as a result of your visiting and using our site will be collected, processed in and transferred to the U.S. and is subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to or adequate under the laws in your country of residence or from which you access this site. By visiting this site or by providing us with your personal information you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
Your right to request data
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfill a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully. Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling. To submit a request regarding your personal data by email or post, please use the contact information provided above.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Your right to complain